Your Deck in Cibolo Needs Spring Cleaning Too
You may be dreading spring cleaning for your home and yard, but one place you really shouldn’t skimp on is your deck. This will ensure a longer life span for your deck in Cibolo, not to mention it will look shiny and new as we head into spring and summer. So don’t forget your deck when spring cleaning. Take a good look at it and see where the problem areas are. It may be stained, dirty, dingy, chipped or faded, or all of the above!
A clean deck will boost your curb appeal and property value, as well as safety of those who use it, no matter where you live in Cibolo, such as Bentwood Ranch, Braewood, Buffalo Crossing, Charleston Parke or Cibolo Valley Ranch. Cibolo, situated in the western corner of Guadalupe County, is about 13 miles east of the San Antonio metro area.
So if you’re looking to spruce up your Cibolo deck, rely on the experts who service this area all the time.
Tips For Keeping Your Cibolo Deck Clean This Spring
Check out these helpful spring cleaning tips to keep your deck looking amazing and inviting this season:
- Clear the deck of all patio furniture, toys and grills so you won’t have any obstacles in your way as you clean the deck. This will help you work more quickly and efficiently.
- Sweep off the loose debris with a broom (dirt, leaves, twigs).
- Using a garden hose, spray away light to moderate dirt accumulations. Bob Vila suggests you use a high-pressure nozzle if you want to strip off the existing paint because you want a new paint job. If not, keep it at a low pressure to avoid damage. Put on goggles and gloves, applying a deck cleaner and then scrubbing the surface with a brush. Rinse with clean water after you let it sit for a few minutes.
- Apply a new coat of stain or paint every few years to enhance and preserve the finish. Try transparent stains if you want to reveal the natural grain, or try a solid stain to protect against strong UV rays.
- Clean your deck furniture before placing everything back onto the clean deck. Rinse and wipe it all down with mild soap and water. Clean all the cushions and let them dry. If your cushions are looking worn, faded or riddled with mildew, buy new ones to give your deck that fresh spring look. Clean the inside of your grill in preparation of all the barbecues you’ll be having in the summer.
We hope these tips have been helpful as we head into spring. When you treat your Cibolo deck right, it will pay you back in a longer life span and enhanced beauty.
Contact Alamo Decks and Fence
If no amount of cleaning will get your deck looking great, we can install a brand new one for you. Just call us today for a free quote.
BUILD YOUR FENCE TODAY!
If you’re looking to beautify and enhance the security of your property, turn to Alamo Decks & Fence in Bexar County. We truly value our customers, which is why you can trust us to build your fence using the highest quality materials at the best prices possible.