How Do Pergolas and Patio Covers Add Value to Your Converse Home?
If you’re looking to spruce up your Converse home with pergolas and patio covers, you may wonder if they add any value to your property. Well, they certainly do. That’s because they increase the aesthetics of your home and its functionality and comfort, while enhancing the usable space of your property.
The Benefits of Pergolas
You have a choice between a partial pergola and classic full coverage pergola. The one you choose will depend on your available space, budget and shade needs. Both types feature thin wood slats designed to encourage the sun to filter through while offering sufficient shade so that no one gets assaulted by those strong UV rays. It’s nice to have a blend of shade and sun for the best of both worlds.
- A full pergola is installed over your entire deck or patio.
- A partial pergola is only installed over a portion of your deck or patio area.
- Another option is to attach one side to the back of your home, but most are freestanding models.
Pergolas have many advantages, not the least of which is the added property value it provides. With the rise in the popularity of outdoor living, the value of homes featuring a pergola or other outdoor space has been rising. You are looking at an ROI of between 50 and 80 percent.
Pergolas can also:
- Define your space.
- Add character to your backyard.
- Help you create and define an entertainment lounge or dining area.
- Offer plenty of privacy, with options to add drapes, screens or latticework.
- Provide a showcase for your plants, such as grape vines, wisteria and honeysuckle, which can be hung from the boards.
- Provide shade and protection from weather.
- Add visual interest to your landscaping.
- Combine with other structures such as gazebos and verandas to add a unique outdoor element.
The Benefits of Patio Covers
Still crave protection and shade but you don’t really want a pergola? A patio cover is a great option. This backyard structure is attached to your home in an effort to provide complete shade supported by two posts or columns. The cover can be open or solid, your choice. Patio covers can give you an ROI of up to 80 percent. These look good to potential buyers because they can envision themselves in that space, entertaining and relaxing.
You can install patio covers off the back of your home near a sliding door to extend your living space. There are also freestanding models if that’s more in line with your needs. It will all depend on your lifestyle and personal preferences whether you want a partial or solid cover. Do you like to get a combination of sun and shade? A lattice roof would still allow light to filter through, whereas a solid cover would block all sun and rain.
As you can imagine, there are several factors to consider when deciding between a pergola or a patio cover. We can help you decide.
Contact Alamo Decks and Fence in Converse
Alamo Decks and Fence can expertly install patio covers and pergolas to enhance your Converse home and yard. To get a free quote, contact us at 210-880-9899.
BUILD YOUR FENCE TODAY!
If you’re looking to beautify and enhance the security of your property, turn to Alamo Decks & Fence in Bexar County. We truly value our customers, which is why you can trust us to build your fence using the highest quality materials at the best prices possible.