Finding the Right Fence Contractor For You in Stone Oak
If you’ve decided you want to install a fence on your Stone Oak property, your next task will be to hire a fence contractor. Trust is a big thing when hiring someone to install a new fence, so be sure to do your homework. Here are some tips for choosing the right fence contractor for you in Stone Oak.
Training and Credentials
To become skilled in fence installation, this involves classroom and hands-on training. Many companies further train their employees on a regular basis to ensure new techniques and standards are adhered to.
Most states require a general contractor license to be able to install a new fence but each state is different in terms of licensing requirements.
Look for a contractor that is trained and has the proper licensing. Ask about years of experience, as this will tell you a lot about their reputation in the community.
Any fence contractor you choose should have general liability insurance to protect home and business owners from liability in the event property damage or injury occurs. Always ask to see proof of insurance and what it covers.
Fencing contractors build, install and maintain residential and commercial fences. Here’s a look at the many services a contractor could offer:
- Fence and gate installation
- Maintenance and repair
- New builds
- Fence design
- Building and zoning department permitting
- Marking of utilities and boundaries
Questions to Ask
As part of your research, call a few companies to ask key questions, such as:
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Are you a general contractor?
- Do you charge an hourly or flat rate for installation?
- Could you give me references?
- What are the payment expectations?
- Can I get an estimate in writing?
- Will you pull all the proper permits?
- Will you call a utility locator service to determine location of any underground utilities?
- How long do you think the job will take?
To find a reliable and trustworthy fence contractor, you will need to:
- Read reviews from other recent customers in your area.
- Check the Better Business Bureau website.
- Get an estimate in writing.
- Ask about product and labor warranties.
- Gather a few quotes.
- Call to ask questions.
- Have them do an in-person estimate for the most accuracy.
Once you have narrowed down your choices, you can compare prices and services to come up with the most reputable fence contractor for the job.
Contact Alamo Decks and Fence
If you are looking to add a fence to your Stone Oak property, contact us today for a free quote and consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our experience, licensing, insurance, and history. We pride ourselves on being transparent and honest in our services, timelines and pricing. In the meantime, we welcome you to read our reviews and see what our satisfied customers are saying about us.
BUILD YOUR FENCE TODAY!
If you’re looking to beautify and enhance the security of your property, turn to Alamo Decks & Fence in Bexar County. We truly value our customers, which is why you can trust us to build your fence using the highest quality materials at the best prices possible.